Follow the PenValue blog
The PenValue blog is intended for those who want to stay up-to-date on the latest in promotional pens and monthly wish to get new inspiration and knowledge about how promotional pens can make the marketing more effective.Sign up here
The pen saves the summer: 10 situations where you must have a pen at hand
Are you one of those who just want to relax during your summer vacation? Perhaps you look forward to hanging on the beach or calm down in the hammock at the summer house? Perhaps your vacation will include many fun activities with friends? Or maybe the plan is to take on a summer project?
Anyhow, the summer and the long-awaited vacation are finally here again and it’s time to unwind and let go of all the do’s and don’ts. Of course, we “pen geeks” at Ingli Sweden will also take some time off to load our batteries for an eventful fall, but we cannot help ourselves thinking about pens, just a little while longer. And to remind you of how good pens are, even during your vacation, we have put together a list of situations where you must have a pen at hand this summer. Please enjoy:
10 situations where the pen saves the summer:
1. Crossword in the hammock: Imagine a light summer breeze, nice swinging and the rasp from a pen as you solve a great crossword. *Aahh*
2. The list of all packing for the summer trip: Everything and some more has to be included, and then we try to fit it all in the car *phu!*
3. Bingo at the summer house: Bingo belongs to the summer, make sure you are well-equipped with good pens for everyone.
4. Autographs from the festival or soccer game: Nightmare scenario, you have the chance to get an autograph from your idol and realize that you forgot to bring a pen * darned*
5. Congratulations on wedding: Write a nice congratulation line in the guestbook, it will delight the wedding couple without a doubt.
6. The bill from the outdoor restaurant: The sun is shining and the beer is cold, your sign the bill *check*. Cause hear and behold, there are restaurants and companies that don’t have their own promotional pens, why you do best to bring your own 😊.
7. The party quiz: It will be little tricky without a pen, that’s what we think anyway *yep*
8. Postcards: A handwritten holiday greeting as contrast to all digital buzzing, a simple and nice way to spread some sunshine and joy.
9: Sketch on the summer project: Are you about to build a porch or refurnish the summer house? Then it is important to make a sketch first! *Honey, it is going to be fine, I promise!*
10. Sudoku on the beach: Requires a sharp brain and a nice pencil with an eraser, bring an extra to the beach neighbor to – just in case. *Hmm*
So, always remember to bring a pen. Put it in the shorts pocket or beach bag, because it will definitely come to use several times during your vacation. And just imagine what good marketing it would be if you had a bunch of business pens to lend or give away. Whether it is to the beach neighbor, the couple at the table next to you at the open-air cafe or the party-quiz competitor it is an easy effort on your lovely vacation.
Sunny summer greetings from Ingli Sweden!
Want tips on other situations where pens can play an important role and create value from a marketing perspective?
More blog postsShow all
How Pilot got its name: A 100 year old story
Most people know Pilot as the brand behind the popular pen Frixion Clicker with erasable ink or the classic office pen Super Grip. But have you any idea how Pilot got its name and how it all started 100 years ago? A 100 year old story The story begins 100 years ago. Two Japanese marine engineers, Ryosuke Namiki and Masao...
3 key reasons to use profile products
Product media is the 3rd largest advertising medium in Sweden. Bigger than outdoor and television but just as good for brand building and much, much more cost-effective. Statistics and surveys speak their clear language. Here is a quick list with 3 key reasons why you should use profile products in your marketing. 1. You always...
3 tips to gain maximum effect of your communication
We know that promotional pens are an affordable and efficient media for advertising, but how well they serve their purpose depends on how we make them communicate. Just like in all marketing, it's all about visibility and sharing an experience. But how is that possible since there are so many promotional pens out there? These are...